Welcome to Compass Point.
A business consulting firm specializing in family-owned companies.
We work primarily with companies in the manufacturing, construction & professional service industries. Our ideal client has revenues between $5M and $100M, who want to grow, care about the legacy of the business and want to protect their financial future.
Compass Point provides hands-on consulting & coaching to help businesses close performance gaps; give owners practical, actionable tools that drive growth; develop leaders and position the business for successful ownership transition.
All on their terms.
All great companies figure out ‘who’ first, then what. These 3 principles are a guide to determine who gets on the bus.
- Defining its core values and purpose
- Selection and retention of A-players
- Continual leadership development of senior team
Every owner wants his or her business to be something more tomorrow than it is today. How do you make that happen?
- Develop focus, direction and accountability
- Apply the 3 crucial habits that take you from good to great
- Break through the “ceilings of complexity”
Owners can’t get out if they don’t have a successor, and companies can’t grow if they don’t attract, develop, and retain talent.
- Prepare tomorrow’s leadership
- What’s next for the owner
- Create the single most important document to protect your investment
“Tom led the process well, which forced issues to emerge”
- K. Heeps
“The initial research and analysis was impressive and it obviously moved forward to a usable product; I liked the professionalism shown.”
- Hospital Central Services Corporation Board
“For any company teetering on the edge of this decision, I would say that it is well worth the money and time for the business personnel and the business itself. “
- HSA Mechanical
“Strong direction and purpose with tangible results. The process was great. Especially at the end when everything fell into place...”
- Subway Eastern PA Development Agent
Does your family business cause confusion, conflict, or rivalry within the family when it should be the glue that brings everyone together? Learn about the complexities of a family business and how to get on the same page.
- Understand the unique challenges of a family business
- Get on the same page about roles and business direction
- Prepare the next generation
“To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.”
Benjamin Disraeli (1804–1881)
British prime minister and writer
Why Hire a Consultant?
Outside perspective. Honest feedback. Accountability partner.
Facilitaton is powerful tool. A consultant can help you uncover the unique obstacles to your company and plot the pathways to growth and profitability.
Still have reservations about hiring an outside consulting firm? Watch this short video...
Why Hire Compass Point?
The right fit. The best tools. An experienced coach.
Tom Garrity is a Gazelles International Certified Coach & an EPI Certified Exit Planning Advisor. Learn why that matters.